Ponytails and top knots are a super quick and easy hairstyle that we all like to gravitate towards. If you take a little bit of extra time using the tips from this perfect ponytail tutorial you’ll be able to elevate your look from a boring ponytail to a nice and polished hairstyle. Watch the video below or scroll down for the written tutorial with helpful tips.
Watch the Video
- Secure your hair into 2 separate ponytails stacked on top of each other.
- Pull out face-framing pieces and create some volume up top, tighten ponytails from the bottom.
- Wrap a piece of hair around each of the elastics.
- Place a small claw clip in the middle of your top ponytail.
Related Post: 3 Braided Ponytails
- Always tighten your ponytail from the bottom in order to keep your volume at the top.
- Bring the bottom ponytail as close to the top one as you can.
- Spray hairspray as you brush your hair into ponytails to minimize flyaways.
- Always wrap your hair around the elastic for a polished look.
- Keep your claw clip to under 1 inch so it can remain hidden.
- Curled hair makes for a more voluminous ponytail.
Shop the Tools
There ya have it, a perfect ponytail tutorial to help you take your ponytail from blah to fab. Stay tuned for 10 days of gift guides coming this Monday!