Hats can be great. They keep us warm during the winter months, and even better, they’re great at hiding bad hair days! That being said it can be hard to figure out what to do with your hair once you put a hat on top of it. Today I’m going to show you 3 simple hat hairstyles. 2 of them are super quick and easy and perfect for when you’re in a rush. The third one takes a little bit more time with a fishtail braid, but you could opt for a normal braid to make it a bit simpler and faster.
Watch the Video
Hat Hairstyle #1 – Low Bun
- Secure your hair in a low ponytail.
- Pull out any face-framing pieces.
- Make a messy, or neat bun depending on your preference.
- Secure any loose ends with bobby pins. Make sure to check out #TipTuesday on Facebook this Tuesday at 4:00 pm for a tip for storing your bobby pins and making them more secure in your hair.
- Pop your hat on and you’re good to go!
Related Post: How to Curl Your Hair in 5 Minutes or Less
Hat Hairstyle #2 – Tucked Under
This hairstyle works best with a loose toque, or beanie if you’re from the US.
- Braid your hair in a single low braid, make sure to secure the end tightly.
- Pull out face-framing pieces.
- Put on your toque and tuck your braid under it.
Related Post: How to Fishtail Braid
Hat Hairstyle #3 – Braided Pigtails
- Part your hair down the middle. It doesn’t matter how neat you do this because it will be under your hat.
- Fishtail braid each side. Watch the video to see how.
- Pull out face-framing pieces and fluff your braids.
- Pop on your favourite hat and you’re set!
There ya have it, 3 hat hairstyles you can use when you’re having a bad hair day and want to cover it up with a hat. No need for dry shampoo! Make sure to check out my new social media series, #TipTuesday, every Tuesday at 4:00 pm on Facebook I’ll show you a new helpful tip that can be anywhere from hair and beauty tips, to lifestyle and food tips, and everywhere in between.