Today I’m bringing you back to basics and teaching you how to fishtail braid with these cute fishtail braid pigtails. This style is perfect to wear with all of your cute fall hats. Once you learn how to fishtail braid from this tutorial you can apply it to all different kinds of styles. You could do a fishtail ponytail, or combine it with a french braid for a cute style. Take a read through the steps then follow along with the video tutorial at the end of the post. If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment below or reach out on social media @HappyStylishFit.
FISHTAIL BRAIDED PIGTAILS
- Brush your hair and part in two by going down the center of your head from front to back.
- Secure one side out of the way.
- Take out any face framing pieces.
- Split the other side into two sections: front and back.
- Take a piece from behind the right side and wrap it over the front to be added to the left section of hair.
- Take a piece from behind the left side and wrap it over the front to be added to the right section of hair. Watch the video below to see how this is done.
- Repeat this process until you run out of hair. Helpful hint – The smaller the pieces the longer it will take. If you’re short on time use larger pieces.
- Secure with an elastic.
- Repeat steps 3 – 8 on the other side.
- Pull apart your braids.
Related Post: 3 Hairstyles for short hair or any length of hair
I hope you found this tutorial helpful. Like I said, once you learn the basic fishtail braid you can apply it to all different kinds of styles. The next tutorial I will bring you is a cute braided ponytail that I’ll post on Friday, with a waterfall braid tutorial coming the week after that. I know some of you have been requesting the waterfall braid tutorial for quite a while now, I just want to make sure that I’ve mastered the braid before I teach you how to do it, so thank you for being patient I’ll have it up in the next couple of weeks for you. If you have any other requests I’d love to hear them. Please give me a comment below and I’ll see what I can do. For more daily inspiration make sure to follow me on Instagram @HappyStylishFit.