I have been obsessed with this nude palette since I first bought it (only $5.49!). It’s so versatile for a range of everyday nude makeup looks. I tend to mix it up a little bit from day to day using the same palette or Essence’s other eyeshadow palettes (Vintage and Roses). You can use the same steps with a shift in the colours and amount applied. You can do a no-makeup makeup look using lighter colours and applying less product, or you can create a night time look shifting to the darker shades.
- Prep your face with primer.
- Apply foundation or CC cream.
- Use the lightest shade of the eyeshadow palette as a highlight by your brow bone.
- Apply a light brown shade all over your lid and crease.
- Using a blending brush apply a medium brown shade along the crease.
- Using a blending brush apply a dark brown shade more precisely in the crease and at the outside corners.
- Blend together.
- Apply pressed powder all over your face.
- Apply contour – how to apply contour.
- Apply blush and a highlight.
- Apply the dark brown shade along your lower lashline.
- Apply a nude eyeliner along your lower waterline.
- Apply black liquid eyeliner along your lids – tips for applying eyeliner.
- Brush your eyebrows.
- Fill brows in with a brow liner – NYX brow product review.
- Set brows with brow gel.
- Apply 2 coats of mascara – Essence mascara review.
- Apply lipstick.
Related Post: 3 Braided Roses Hair Tutorial
Watch the Tutorial
Primer – NYX Shine Killer $13.99
CC Cream – Neutrogena $14.99
Eyeshadow: Essence Nudes $5.49
Eyeliner: NYX Wonder Pencil $4.49 & Essence Super Fine Eyeliner Pen $2.99
Mascara: Essence Forbidden Volume $2.49 & Plump No Clump $4.49
Pressed Powder: Elate Cosmetics $28.00
Blush: Saraphine Botanicals $18.00
Bronzer: Pacifica $12.00
Lipstick: NYX Lingerie $7.00
Bracelets – Kinsley Armelle roughly $15.99 each (Use code “HSF15OFF for 15% off)
Shop the Look
I hope you enjoyed my first ever beauty tutorial! I am now posting every Friday to YouTube and will have regular hair and beauty tutorials/reviews every month. If you’re interested in finding out about any product in particular or how to do a certain makeup look please let me know below and I’ll try and make it happen.