Energy balls are a great snack for grabbing while you’re on the go. They take less than 10 minutes to make a batch, store in the fridge for a few weeks, are healthier than your average granola bar, and are super convenient to eat while you’re busy.
I had been wanting to try a few recipes for quite some time and kept putting it off, until my friend Tasha posted her raw chocolate and coconut protein bites recipe. She finally gave me the motivation I needed to try making some energy balls and I’m completely hooked! I’ve made energy bites every week during my meal prep for the last few weeks 🙂
In my snack bites experimenting, I came across a super tasty matcha chia seed recipe from Christine at Jar of Lemons. The recipe is super tasty, but being new to making energy balls, I didn’t realize you should soak dates before blending them and I broke my food processor 🙁 Lesson learned, make sure to soak your dates, or dried food in general, before trying to blend! Luckily I have a baby bullet and have been able to continue my experimentation which is how I came up with these tasty cranberry matcha coconut energy balls that I adapted from the Jar of Lemons recipe.
Related Post: 15 Ways to Top Your Breakfast Bagel
- 1 cup dried cranberries, soaked for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup cashew butter, or the nut butter of your choice
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Related Post: 5 Tasty Healthy Muffin Recipes
- Blend the cranberries in a food processor until they form a paste.
- Add remaining ingredients except the shredded coconut. Blend until well combined.
- The mixture may be too soft to roll into balls. If this is the case store in the refrigerator for up to a few hours so it can harden. Then create each ball by rolling the mixture by hand.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a few weeks.
Affiliate links are included in this post. If you would like to learn more about how integrity is important to me and how I make money through the blog you can visit my Disclosure page.