These 3 short hair braided hairstyles are great for any length of hair. The skill level builds as you go through each style with the easiest one first (half-up side braids) and the most technical one last (Khaleesi inspired half-up braids). Take a read through the steps then follow along with the video tutorial at the end of the post. If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment below or reach out on social media @HappyStylishFit.
HALF-UP SIDE BRAIDS
This is the easiest of the 3 hairstyles and is a great starting point for beginners.
- Take a section from the front side of your hair about 2 inches long, and 1 inch wide. Pull any face-framing pieces out.
- Braid the entire length of hair while pulling towards the back of your head. Secure with a small clear elastic.
- Repeat steps 1 and 3 on the other side.
- Pull apart each of your braids.
- Take one braid and pull it back around your head. Pin it in place.
- Take the other braid and pull it over the other braid. Pin it in place.
- Secure any loose pieces.
Related Post: 3 Braid Roses Hair Tutorial
DUTCH BANG BRAID
This hairstyle can use either a french or a dutch braid, and is great for keeping hair out of your face. Once you finish your braid you can pin it underneath your hair, over the top of your hair, or if your hair is long enough you can pull it back into a ponytail.
- Section out your bangs roughly an inch wide from temple to temple.
- Dutch braid your hair from one side to the other. Finish with a basic braid right down to the end of your hair. Secure with a clear elastic.
- Pin in place.
Related Post: 5 Tips for Instagram Worthy Braids
KHALEESI INSPIRED HALF-UP BRAIDS
I posted this style on Instagram a little while ago after I was inspired by Khaleesi from Game of Thrones. She rocks her braids like the dragon queen she is, and you can rock them with confidence too.
- Section out 2 rows, one on each side of the center of the top of your head. Each section should be about 1 inch wide.
- Dutch braid each section from front to back. Finish each section with a basic braid right down to the end of your hair. Secure with a clear elastic.
- Take a 1 inch section of hair on each side of your braids and pull them towards the back of your head.
- Put the braided pieces on top before you secure all 4 pieces with a small clear elastic.
- Adjust your hair to make sure everything is lying flat. Secure any flyaways with bobby pins.
There ya have it, 3 short hair braided hairstyles. Stay tuned for a back to basics, fishtail braid tutorial coming next week. If you have a style that you would like to see please leave me a comment below and I will do my best to do one for you. I love to see your creations if you try any of these please tag me in the pic #HSFLife @HappyStylishFit.